|Cookie Name||Purpose||More information|
|SKSession||This cookie has two functions. Firstly it serves as a session cookie for extranet users. Without this cookie, an extranet user will have to login to each individual page in the extranet. It also enables us to track the pages that a user visits while they navigate around the site.||N/A|
|AcceptCookies||This is used to store whether you have agreed to receive cookies. Persistent for one year.||N/A|
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.||Click here for an overview of privacy at Google|
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Click here for an overview of privacy at Google.
All telephone calls maybe recorded for the purposes of training and monitoring and to comply with the Data Protection Acts requirement to provide ‘Fair Processing’ information.
Davies Group are committed to protecting the privacy of our users, clients and customers. This privacy statement explains how we use any personal information we collect about you when you use this website. It is also intended to assist you in making informed decisions when using our website and our products and services.
All your personal Information shall be held and used in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you want to know what information we collect and hold about you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to the Data Protection Officer, Davies Group, 3rd and 4th Floors, No.2 Smithfields, Stoke-on-Trent ST1 3DH, UK
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Sensitive personal data including up to date medical diagnoses information may be held, used and processed for the purpose of providing the services offered by the Davies Group.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
The personal data which we process may be collected from a number of sources including, but not limited to, the following:
- Your Insurer/Underwriter
- Our clients
- 3rd parties
- Third party data providers/search systems
- Insurance industry databases
- Law enforcement agencies
- Insurance companies
- Social media
- Loss adjusters and claims investigators
- Intermediaries (claims management suppliers etc.)
- Industry regulators, including but not limited to the FCA, ICO and FOS
- Fraud prevention agencies and organisations
During the course of our service, we may collect further data from you directly in order to progress your claim.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored within our secure data centres and servers.
Depending on the type of the data we hold, and the type of claim it relates to, the length of time your data is stored for may vary. This is detailed in the table below.
6 years from the end of the financial year
6 years from termination or 6 months from unsuccessful application
|Liability – Property Damage||7 years||N/A|
|Liability – Latent Damage Property Notifications||15 years (thereby covering Scotland)||N/A|
|Liability – Injury||7 years||N/A|
|Liability – Defended Injury involving minors||7 years after claimant’s 18th birthday. Claims which are settled through court approval process (almost all are) can be deleted 7 years after closure, regardless of claimant age.||N/A|
|Liability – asbestos conditions||Until Claimant’s 100th Birthday||N/A|
|Liability – claims involving Provisional Damages||Until Claimant’s 100th Birthday||N/A|
|Liability – PPOs||Until passing of Claimant.||N/A|
|Subsidence Claims||7 years||N/A
|Claim related records (Scotland)||7 years||N/A|
|Claim related records (Fraud)||7 years||N/A|
|Conveyancing matters – sale records||6 years||N/A|
|Conveyancing matters – purchase records||12 years||N/A|
|Other Non-Specified data types including all digital and physical data||7 years||N/A|
|Client Specific Requirements (outlined in contracts)||As per Client Contract stipulations||N/A|
When information has passed the retention period, your data will be disposed of in accordance with our Data Disposal and Destruction Policy.
How do we protect your information?
The information which you provide to the Davies Group will be used within the group of companies for processing your Claims and customer services and for the administration of any of the Groups related products and services of which you and any other person on your policy avail. Data may also be used for statistical analyses and the Davies Group may share information with law enforcement bodies/ fraud prevention agencies for the purpose of preventing or detecting fraud. We may share your data with trusted third parties who process data on our behalf. We also share your data with insurers to verify your cover, and with state bodies as required by law. Sensitive personal data including up to date medical diagnoses information may be held, used and processed for the purpose of providing the services offered by the Davies Group. By utilising the services of the Davies Group you confirm that you explicitly consent to the Davies Group processing your personal data for the purposes described above, and have explained to each person who is included on your policy why we may ask for this information and what we will use it for. You also confirm that each person has agreed to this. You have the right, subject to certain exemptions, to access any personal data that we hold about you and to have inaccuracies corrected. If you wish to avail of these rights, please write to the Data Protection Officer, Davies Group, 3rd and 4th Floors, No.2 Smithfields, Stoke-on-Trent ST1 3DH, UK
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing your information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a vital interest.
- We need it to perform a public task.
- We have a legitimate interest.
We maintain the highest standards of security; however, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. As a result, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access or loss.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law, for example for the purpose of the detection and prevention of crime.
How can you access and correct your information?
You may instruct us to provide you with details of all of your information that we collect and maintain in our database by submitting a Subject Access Request via post, Phone or via the website. The address to send a request is; Data Protection Officer, Davies Group, 3rd and 4th Floors, No.2 Smithfields, Stoke-on-Trent ST1 3DH, UK
Any request for information is free of charge but Davies Group can refuse or charge for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive.
Your rights in regard to your personal information
Under GDPR, individuals now have increased rights in regard to their personal data. Please see below an outline of your rights and if you wish to contact us to discuss or amend the data we hold, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at; Data Protection Officer, Davies Group, 3rd and 4th Floors, No.2 Smithfields, Stoke-on-Trent ST1 3DH, UK
- Right to be Informed – You have the right to know how we collect and use your personal information
- Right of Access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Right to Rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Right to Erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to Restrict Processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to Object to Processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to Data Portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- The Right not to be Subject to Automated Decision-Making Including Profiling
- In the event of a data breach – If the Davies Group were to experience a data breach they would within 72hrs upon realising a breach had occurred and where feasible, report certain types of personal data breach to the relevant supervisory authorities. If the breach is likely to result in a high risk of adversely affecting our customer’s individual rights and freedoms, we will also inform those individuals without undue delay.
As per Article 12 of the GDPR, you are not required to pay any charge in order to exercise your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you – though this can be extended by a further 2 months when taking into account the complexity or number of requests. If this is the case, we would inform you of any such extension within one month of receipt of the request and state the reasons for the delay.
If we are unable to identify you or locate your data, we may ask you to provide further information to assist us in doing so. If your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, we may charge a reasonable fee to account for the administrative costs of providing the information or refuse to act on the request.
Please contact us at email@example.com or please write to the Data Protection Officer, Davies Group, 3rd and 4th Floors, No.2 Smithfields, Stoke-on-Trent ST1 3DH, UK if you wish to make a request.
Automated Processing and Decision Making
In some circumstances, Davies Group may use automated processing and decision making (where a decision is made by automated means without any human involvement) where necessary. When doing so, Davies Group ensures that this is necessary for the entry into or performance of a contract, authorised by domestic law applicable to the data controller or based on your explicit consent.
Our automation technologies include:
- Robotic Process Automation – Virtual Workers automate the copy and pasting of information from system one into system two
- Self-Service – The self-service platform allows humans to directly interact with an RPA process, enabling human-in-the-loop processing of information
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning – Can enable Virtual Workers to learn and understand the data presented and improve effectiveness
- Intelligent Automation Digital Assistant – An AI supervisor that automatically manages, tracks and orchestrates virtual worker schedules and activities
- Computer Vision/Optical Character Recognition – Offers pattern matching within images and can be used to interpret complicated language-based text recognition
- Natural Language Processing – Translates/extracts human language into computer readable information (think “Hey Siri”) for the purpose of classifying information
- Conversational AI – Uses AI and Natural Language Processing to enable real-time conversations with customers via the use of chatbots
- API End-points – Uses virtual workers to bridge the gap between old systems and new ones by copying and pasting the information across
The Right not to be Subject to Automated Decision-Making Including Profiling
You have the right not to be subject to a decision, which may include a measure, evaluating personal aspects relating to you, which is based solely on automated processing and which can produce significant affects, such as automatic refusal of a claim. Such processing includes ‘profiling’ that consists of any form of automated processing of personal data evaluating the personal aspects relating to you, to analyse or predict aspects concerning your claim, where it produces legal effects or similarly significantly affects you.
Should you wish to question if you have been subjected to automated decision making, including profiling and/or wish to object to such processing and obtain human intervention, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Davies Group Limited are committed to ensuring the security of the personal information provided to us and we have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. Also, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
If at any point you suspect or become aware of a security incident (i.e. your password is stolen, or you receive suspicious communication from someone holding themselves out to be a Davies Group employee or from a dupe website claiming to be affiliated with Davies Group), please let us know by contacting us on email@example.com or write to the Data Protection Officer, Davies Group, 3rd and 4th Floors, No.2 Smithfields, Stoke-on-Trent ST1 3DH, UK.
Davies Group are accredited to, and compliant with, the ISO 27001 security standard. This is a leading international standard published by the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO), developed to help companies handle information security and data protection.
We do not knowingly transfer any personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA), without consent from our data subjects or policy holders. Where data is transferred between the United Kingdom (UK) and the EEA, or from the EEA to the UK, this is done in line with the Standard Contractual Clauses set out by the European Commission to ensure sufficient data protection safeguards for data that is transferred internationally.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Data Protection Officer, Davies Group, 3rd and 4th Floors, No.2 Smithfields, Stoke-on-Trent ST1 3DH, UK
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
The Davies Group incorporates the following legal entities, all registered in England and Wales unless otherwise stated. Registered office unless otherwise stated: 7th Floor, 1 Minster Court, Mincing Lane, London, EC3R 7AA:
- M. Associates Insurance Services Ltd Company Number: 6152864
- Registered in: Canada 2425 Matheson Blvd. E., 8th Floor Mississauga on L4W 5K4
- Alternative Service Concepts LLC Company Number 43-1954328 Registered in the USA
- Davies Broking Services Limited – 6394614
- Registered in: UK Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) FCA Number – 486865
- Registered in: UK Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) FCA – 597301
- Associated Loss Adjusters Limited Company Number: 247275
- Registered in: Ireland The Mall, Tuam, Co Galway, Ireland
- Banwell & Associates Ltd Company Number: 03885314 Registered in: UK
- Cedar Consulting LLC Company Number 04-3809329. Registered in the USA
- Citadel Management Bermuda Limited Company Number 07875. Registered in Bermuda
- Claims Management Services Ltd Company Number: 4313136 Registered in: UK
- Claims Settlement Services International Limited: 325014 registered in: Ireland
- CodeBase8 Limited. Company Number 02696599 registered in the UK
- ContactPartners Ltd Company Number: 03709551 registered in the UK
- Core Insurance Services Ltd Company Number: 6411939 Registered in: UK
- Davies Assist Ltd Company Number: 8056958 Registered in: UK
- Davies Construction & Engineering Ltd Company Number: 3993524 Registered in: UK
- Davies Consulting and Managed Services Limited Company Number: 6786292 Registered in: UK
- Davies Managed Systems Ltd Company Number: 3452116 Registered in: UK
- Davies Resourcing Solutions Ltd Company Number: 7206113 Registered in: UK
- Desk Expert Limited (sub of Thornpart): 456193 registered in: Ireland
- Direct Group Property Services Ltd Company Number: 6067034 Registered in: UK
- Direct Inspection Solutions Ltd Company Number: 3130008 Registered in: UK
- Davies Insurer & Market Services Limited. Company Number 01677423. Registered in the UK
- Davies Intermediary Support Services Limited Company Number 1242769. Registered in the UK. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) FCA – 310517
- Davies Learning Solutions Limited Company Number 09063924 Registered in the UK Suite 2, First Floor, 234-236 Broadway, Bexleyheath, Kent, DA6 8AS
- Direct Validation Services Ltd Company Number: 3566382 Registered in: UK
- Disability Management Services, Inc. Number: 06-1427246 Registered in the USA. 1350 Main Street, Springfield, MA 01103-1641
- Eastwell Contractor Management & Claim Care Ltd Company Number: 4391050 Registered in: UK
- Ember (Canada) Inc Company Number: 3318740
- Registered in: Canada 1 University Avenue, WeWork, 3rd Floor, Toronto ON M5J 2P1
- Ember Search Ltd Company Number: 9245565 Registered in: UK
- Ember Services Ltd Company Number: 9816349 Registered in: UK
- Farradane Ltd Company Number: 1387840 Registered in: UK
- Frontier Adjusters Company Number 08-0484390 Registered in the USA
- Garwyn Group Limited Company Number: 5622838 Registered in: UK
- Garwyn Ireland Limited Company Number: 279634
- Registered in: Ireland Block 10B, Beckett Way, Park West Business Park, Nangor Road, Dublin 12.
- Garwyn Limited Company Number: 1030489 Registered in: UK
- GBB (UK) Holdings Limited Company Number: 07121407 Registered in: UK
- GBB (UK) Ltd Company Number: 01925858 Registered in: UK
- Johnson Claim Service, Inc. Company Number: 731091707. Registered in the USA. 3103 S. Juniper Ave. Broken Arrow, Oklahoma 74012
- JMD Specialist Insurance Services Group Limited Company Number: 4577053 Registered in: UK
- JMD Specialist Insurance Services Limited Company Number: 4290090 Registered in: UK
- John Heath & Company Inc Company Number: 65-0865791
- Registered in: USA 11 Sundial Circle, Suite 22, Carefree AZ 853266
- Keoghs Topco Limited, Keoghs Midco Limited, Keoghs Acquisition Limited, Keoghs Services Limited and Keoghs LLP. Keoghs LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales, registration number OC321124 and authorised and regulated by the SRA number 573546
- Liability Claims Appraisers Limited: 268542 registered in: Ireland
- Managed Fleet Services Ltd Company Number: 6455870 Registered in: UK
- Northshore International Insurances Inc, Number: 20-1910202 Registered in the USA. 199 Rosewood Drive, Suite 310, Danvers, MA 01923
- Nationwide Property Assistance Ltd Company Number: 08964573. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) number – 659799
- Quest Bermuda Holdings Limited Company Number: 42704
- Registered in: Bermuda Clarendon House, 2 Church Street, Hamilton HM11
- Quest Captive Management LLC Company Number: 45-3187943
- Registered in: USA Cogency Global Inc., 850 New Burton Road, Suite 201, Dover, DE 19904
- Quest Intermediaries (Bermuda) Limited Company Number: 4985
- Registered in: Bermuda Clarendon House, 2 Church Street, Hamilton HM11
- Quest Management Services Limited Company Number: 6623
- Registered in: Bermuda Clarendon House, 2 Church Street, Hamilton HM11
- Real Results Training Ltd Company Number: 5028372 Registered in: UK
- ServiceTick Ltd Company Number: 6142958 Registered in: UK
- Storm Trustees Limited Company Number: 6504587 Registered in: UK
- SurveyorShip Ltd Company Number: 6634718 Registered in: UK
- Techno Marine Limited (sub of Thornpart): 186152 registered in: Ireland
- The Littleton Group Western Division, Inc. Number: 76-0154645. The Littleton Group Eastern Division, Inc. Number: 74-2066534. Registered in the USA. 1250 S. Capital of Texas Hwy Bld 1 Ste 550 Austin Texas 78716.
- Thornpart Adjustors Limited: 357224 registered in: Ireland
- Topmark Claims Management Limited Company Number: SC305608 Registered in: UK
- Total Loss Settlement Services Ltd Company Number: 4433145 Registered in: UK
- TriPlus Services, Inc Company Number: 20-2932477 Registered in the USA. 35 Parkwood Drive, Suite 150, Hopkinton, MA 01748
- Ufton Associates Ltd Company Number: 4471233 Registered in: UK
- Vehicle Replacement Group Company number 09957616 Registered in the UK.
- Veriphy Limited Company Number: 5066478 Registered in: UK
- Wakely Actuarial, Number: 45-5291011 Registered in the USA. 33920 US Highway 19N, Suite 151, Palm Harbor, FL 34684