What is the background to this programme?
This apprenticeship is most likely to be a progression from a lower level apprenticeship, building on previously acquired knowledge and skills. On completion, the apprentice will be fully competent in the role and this will enable them to decide how they might wish to progress further into organisation- specific career options. The range of available qualifications also provides routes into specific areas of the business. This could include careers in Investment Analysis, Management and Administration roles; Risk Controller, Manager or Modeller; dealing and/or advising in Securities, Derivatives or Packaged Products.
What qualification is achieved?
The apprentice will complete an appropriate qualification/examination (whichever considered most relevant by the employer) from one of the following Professional Bodies:
- Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment – Investment Operations Certificate; Certificate in Investment Management; Investment Advice Diploma; Managing Operational Risk in Financial Institution.
- CFA Institute / CFA UK – Investment Management Certificate
Completion of one of the qualifications listed will enable the apprentice to apply for membership of the relevant professional body.
What is covered?
- Understanding of industry and company
- Regulatory and compliance
- Systems and processes
- Client service and relationships
- Service delivery
- Communicating and influencing
- Team working and collaboration
- Ownership and initiative
- Personal development