What is the background to this programme?
The completion of this apprenticeship will enable individuals to become highly competent professionals for the industry. This will be delivered by a base of core knowledge, skills and behaviours required of all individuals entering or progressing to this level in the sector, and a set of specialist options that then provide the occupationally specific competence, depending on the part of the sector and type of business the individual works for.
What qualification is achieved?
Apprentices will be required to take one of the professional qualifications listed below, as chosen by the employer to be most relevant to the selected specialist option and job role:
- Diploma in Treasury Management (Associate Membership – The Association of Corporate Treasurers) or Certificate in International Cash Management (Affiliate Membership – The Association of Corporate Treasurers).
- Advanced Diploma in Retirement Provision (PMI Associate Membership – APMI designation)
- CFA Institute – CFA Level I (Regular Membership of CFA Institute/CFA UK) (with the option to include CFA UK – Investment Management Certificate (IMC designation) or CISI Certificate in Investment Management (ACSI Designation) where these are used as FCA Appropriate Qualifications to demonstrate competence to practice)
- CISI Cert in Private Client Investment Advice & Management – PCIAM L6 (Full CISI Membership: MCSI)
- CII Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning (250 Credits: Associate of the Personal Finance Society: APFS)
- The London Institute of Banking & Finance, Chartered Associate Programme (Chartered Associate Status)
- CISI Diploma in Investment Operations L6 (Full CISI Membership: MCSI)
- Chartered Institute of Credit Management – CICM Level 5 Diploma in Credit Management (CICM Graduate Member: MCICM (Grad) designation)
- Chartered Banker Institute (CBI)
What is covered?
- Industry and organisation understanding
- Financial services compliance framework
- Products and services
- Client / customer segments
- Systems and processes
- Delivering services
- Strategy and planning
- Problem solving
- Communicating and networking
- Teamwork and collaboration